Booking with us is Child's Play
We are pleased to be supplying you with our equipment. Please sign this Hire Agreement to confirm your acceptance of our terms and conditions. If you wish to cancel your hire because you do not agree with any of our terms, please contact us immediately and we will cancel your booking for you as equipment unfortunately cannot be hired out without your acceptance of our terms.
Kids Rule will endeavour to arrive promptly to all bookings. However, on the VERY rare occasion due to high traffic volume, road works or other circumstances beyond our control we cannot guarantee 100% that we will arrive at the exact time requested.
1. You (the "Hirer") are responsible for any injury or damage occurring whilst the equipment is on hire to you and you are strongly advised to take out Public Liability Insurance covering the use of our equipment whilst the hire takes place. Although Kids Rule holds £2m Public Liability Insurance, the Hirer will be responsible/liable for any loss, damage or injury occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use whilst on hire. Our terms and conditions are for the safety of all people using this equipment and it is the sole responsibility of the Hirer to ensure they are adhered to.
2. You must ensure that there is adequate adult supervision at all times when the equipment is in use. The equipment cannot be left unattended and if hired overnight (with the permission of Kids Rule), the equipment along with all accessories is to be stored indoors or in a secure private area (unless instructed otherwise by Kids Rule).
3. The Hirer is responsible for safekeeping of the equipment and you will be charged for any damage caused to it or for any items missing from all equipment on its return. This also applies if the equipment needs to be left in a venue overnight. The Customer must ensure that all equipment is surely locked away at all times when not in use.
4. Equipment returned in an unacceptable dirty condition will be subject to a cleaning charge of a minimum of £10.
5. Food, drink, smoking and pets are forbidden on all equipment.
6. Please ensure the delivery driver has free and easy access to erect onto a suitable area. If we arrive and there is insufficient space or the area is unsuitable (e.g. sloping or is unclean) full payment still has to be made.
7. Extra charges which may be applicable. If, when Kids Rule staff arrive to deliver the equipment, the area to which the equipment is to be set up is difficult to get to or a fair distance away (examples include steps, lifts, small doorways/long corridors/long pathways and long walkways around property to gardens) and the Hirer has not informed us in advance, Kids Rule reserve the right to charge additional costs for the extra time and labour incurred.
8. Customers are required to pay any congestion charge fees applicable. If Kids Rule are not advised of the delivery address being in the congestion charge when taking the booking, Kids Rule has the right to charge this fee to the Customer. Please note, if delivery and collection are on two separate days, the congestion charge will be charged twice.
8. For safety reasons Kids Rule reserve the right to cancel bookings if bad weather conditions leave us with no option but to do so. Alternatively, due to bad weather, you may call us with a minimum of 2 hours’ notice of expected arrival time to cancel the equipment. There will be no charge to you for cancellations under these circumstances. If, however, you do not cancel beforehand and the equipment has already been delivered be cannot be used due to bad weather you will still be charged in full. This will also apply in circumstances where soft play/toys/games have been delivered before the date of the party (by arrangement made between Kids Rule and the Customer). We strongly advise that the Customer has a back up "indoor" option in advance to avoid paying for equipment unable to be used.
9. Kids Rule also reserve the right to cancel any booking at any time if we feel that the Hirer (or anyone connected to the Hirer) is being abusive or disrespectful to a member of our staff or mistreating any of our equipment. However, in this event, full payment will still be required.
10. Cancellation of any booking without a minimum of 7 days notice will be chargeable at 50% of the total payment due (this is largely due to the equipment being reserved especially for you, the Hirer, on your chosen day and therefore we have been unable to hire it to any other Customer). Alternatively, payment can be used towards a new booking on another date if used within 6 months from the date of the original hire date.
11. Only our delivery driver is authorised to collect the equipment and under no circumstances (unless given prior permission to do so) should any of the equipment be handed over to anyone other than our delivery driver.
12. PCN's: When Kids Rule state in a final confirmation email that payment must be made as cash on delivery we expect this payment immediately after setting up the equipment (or if not setting up on that occasion, at the time of delivery). If this does not occur and we receive a PCN for overdue parking, due to having to wait for payment, then the customer will be held wholly responsible for payment of the PCN. Therefore, please always ensure that payment is readily available on delivery so that this does not occur. Additionally, PCN's will also be payable by the customer if they state at the time of booking that there is free parking available and this is not the case. If Kids Rule arrive outside the property/venue at the time of delivery and have to park illegally due to incorrect information given by the customer, we will hold the customer responsible for payment of the PCN. Please work with us in this case as I'm sure you can appreciate parking can be a bit issue for us in and around the London area.
TERMS/RULES OF HIRE FOR THE SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT ON HIRE TO YOU ARE SET OUT ON THE FOLLOWING PAGE:
Soft Play/Ball Ponds/Hoppers
1. Adult supervision is required at all times with all of our equipment.
2. If the customer is setting up themselves, please avoid setting up any equipment too close to pillars, radiators, fireplaces, steps, stairs, slopes or even walls where possible. Ideally, a minimum of a metre clearance around all sides is recommended.
3. All soft play pieces/equipment must remain and be used on the mats provided at all times.
4. Children must remove their shoes before using any of the soft play/ball pond equipment. Food, drink, glasses, belts and pets are forbidden on all equipment.
5. Equipment returned in a dirty condition will be subject to a cleaning charge of a minimum of £20. No children who have been face-painted can use the equipment due to the make-up staining and absolutely no streamers or silly string is permitted near the equipment as this can also permanently stain. For all soft play packages we require a refundable deposit (please see Clause 6 below).
6. Refundable deposits are payable for all of our soft play packages. Please refer to each soft play package for the deposit fee payable. This will be fully refunded if the equipment is returned in a clean condition and there are no missing or damaged pieces. We understand mild soiling can happen but if the equipment needs excessive cleaning on its' return the deposit (or part thereof) will be retained for this purpose. If you have used a venue for your event and we are collecting the equipment from your home residence but it is noted that any pieces have been left at the venue, which leads us to be required to locate those missing pieces from the venue, the deposit will also go towards payment for any expenses incurred.
7. We will often provide you with eva jigsaw mats. These mats can be easily damaged with shoe heels so NO FOOTWEAR is to be used on the mats, as well as food or drink. the deposit (or part thereof) will be used towards any damages.
8. 5 years is the maximum age limit for use on any of our soft play/ball pond packages.
9. Under no circumstances should the soft play pieces or ball ponds be used as seating by any adults or children over the age of 5 as this can permanently damage the equipment.
10. Slides: These must not be used for children to get into the ball pond as they are not made for this use and could cause injuries/accidents. Additionally, if Kids Rule are not setting up on delivery, then slides will be delivered folded. As per our demonstration which we will give you on delivery, please ensure that when the slide is opened up for use, the top of the slide section clicks into place on both sides. If not fully clicked into place then a child could trap a finger which could be very painful and may cause injury.
11. Hoppers/Bouncers: These should be used on mats supplied at all times (unless on soft flooring such as grass or carpet) for safety reasons. If hired without mats Kids Rule will not be held responsible for any injury/accidents occurred to any person(s) whilst in use.
Pick 'n' Mix Games and Activity Toys
Beat The Buzzer
Giant Flexible Lego/Construction Building Blocks/Polydron Building Set
Mega 4 in Line Monster Toss
Ride-Ons (Scuttlebugs, Didicar Walk 'n' Rides, Didicars, Wheelybugs)
Soft Play Noughts & Crosses
Adult supervision is required at all times with all of our equipment. If the customer is setting up the equipment themselves, please avoid setting up any equipment too close to pillars, radiators, fireplaces, steps, stairs, slopes or even walls where possible. Ideally, a metre clearance around all sides is recommended.
1. Hoppers/Bouncers: These should be used on mats supplied at all times (unless on soft flooring such as grass or carpet) for safety reasons. If hired without mats Kids Rule will not be held responsible for any injury/accidents occurred to any person(s) whilst in use.
2. RIDE ONS: These must only be used on a smooth, level surface (no slopes!) and away from any steps. Only 1 rider at a time and no standing on seats. They also must only be used by children able to walk unassisted. Maximum rider weights as follows:
Didicar Walk 'n' Ride: 25kg
3. Whizzy Dizzy: Not suitable for children under 3 years of age. Must only be used on a flat even surface and not near any steps.
4. GIANT GAMES - Mega 4 in Line, Soft Play Noughts & Crosses and Monster Toss: If any pieces are missing at the end of the hire period there will be a charge as listed below. If the Hirer would like to double check that there are the correct number of pieces at the beginning of the hire period then please ask a member of Kids Rule staff to check this with them upon delivery. Please note that the count for each is as follows:
5. Mega 4 in Line: 42 counters (21 green and 21 pink). Missing counters chargeable at £5 each.
Giant Soft Play Noughts & Crosses: 10 pieces. Any missing pieces chargeable at £20 each.
Monster Toss: 5 bean bags. Any missing bean bags chargeable at £5 each.
6. GIANT BLOCKS - Giant Flexible Lego/Polydron Building Blocks/Giant Building Blocks: If any pieces are missing at the end of the hire period there will be a £5 charge per piece (Giant Building Blocks) £10 charge per piece (Giant Flexible Lego) and £20 per piece (Polydron Building Set). If the Hirer would like to double check that there are the correct number of pieces at the beginning of the hire period then please ask a member of Kids Rule staff to check this with them upon delivery. Please note that the count for each is as follows:
Giant Flexible Lego: 100
Polydron Building Set: 36
Giant Building Blocks: 70
7. Balance Beam: 22 pieces. Missing pieces chargeable at £20 each.
6. Slide: If Kids Rule are not setting up on delivery, then slides will be delivered folded. As per our demonstration which we will give you on delivery, please ensure that when the slide is opened up for use, the top of the slide section clicks into place on both sides. If not fully clicked into place then a child could trap a finger which could be very painful and may cause injury.
Children's Picnic Benches
1. If hiring the children’s picnic benches please note that these are strictly only for use by very young children (approximately up to age 9).
2. At no time should anyone be permitted to use the tables or chairs to stand on.
3. If any table or chair is damaged or missing at the end of the hire period the Hirer will be held liable and charged for a replacement.
Giant Light Up Numbers, Cross and Heart ("Numbers")
All of our Numbers have been PAT tested, as well as any extension leads provided so they are safe for public use but please follow rules below:
1. Numbers are not permitted to be used outdoors at any time. They are for indoor use ONLY which can include a fully covered marquee but you MUST ensure they are set up on a level and stable surface.
2. Keep wires and extension cords attached to the Numbers away from areas with heavy foot traffic to prevent tripping hazards.
3. Do not tamper with the electrical components of the Numbers. If you notice any unusual sounds, sparks, or signs of electrical malfunction, immediately turn off the equipment and contact Kids Rule.
4. Do not use the Numbers as tables (i.e. no drinks, plates or food to be placed on top) or seating.
Please complete details below: